Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sam's 4th Birthday

Sam turned four on Saturday. We had a party to commemorate the occasion. He was so happy to put up decorations and have friends over.
After the kids played for a bit they painted sun catchers.
Then out came the cake.
It took a little longer to blow out the candles this year. Maybe he was out of practice, but eventually all four candles were extinguished so we could move on to the more important task of eating it.
I think his little friend from our Wednesday morning mom's group was trying to help him along here.
And the gifts!



Sam had a great time, and it sounds like the guests had fun as well. I think the only mishap was that I forgot to take out the party hats to wear when we were singing 'Happy Birthday'.

The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with all the new toys, then for dinner we decided to go to a Greek restaurant in town that we had been wanting to try. I wish I had brought my camera, because as we were finishing our meal, the music got a little louder, the beat thumped a bit more, and out came a belly dancer! Andy and Sam thoroughly enjoyed the undulating belly of the scantily clad blond with her finger cymbals, ching ching-ch-ching, chinging all around. And the food was really tasty.

Once back home, the birthday boy opened a few more gifts,


and we ended the evening by staying up late and watching the Curious George movie all together on the sofa. He had a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy he had a good time. The cake was decorated very well it seems like "almost" a professional did it. (I just kidding)

Muchos besitos
Love

Tia Tere

Kacie.Whigham said...

Looks like a great party! Tell Sam happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I can't believe he's 4 - I love the cake!
Jennifer