Sunday, August 29, 2010

NOLA Part 3

On Wednesday (free day!) we went to The New Orleans Museum of Art with Mom and Bill.

I'm not sure if you're
supposed to climb on this sculpture. There were no signs indicating you shouldn't. And they were determined - took them a while to figure out how to do it.


Outside in the sculpture garden.

The next morning I left the boys at home with Mom, picked up Rick at the coffee shop (where I think everyone knows his name; Norm:Cheers::Rick:coffee shop), and headed to Dina and Dean's to meet Baby Elliana. (We did get to eat dinner with Rick, Jo Ann, and Kathryn the night before, but no picture proof.) And here she is!

Considering these were taken almost two months ago, she's probably doubled in size now.

After a nice visit, I dropped Rick off at home, headed to Mom's for lunch, then headed out again with the boys to meet Ellen and her kids at Edward and Rebecca's. We walked a couple blocks up Magazine to a new frozen yogurt shop, and it was tasty. Alas, I didn't get the camera out before Ellen went home with little Rebecca (not so little anymore), Georgia, and Jack. So, I played the will-you-please-email-me-a-picture-of-your-adorable-children card again, this time with Ellen. Thank you, Ellen!

I
did get a parting shot of Edward and Rebecca with Andy and Sam. I was pregnant with Sam the last time I saw them, over five years ago; time flies. It was good to see them.


We returned to "Christmas in July" at Mom's house. Earlier Mom, Andy, and Sam were making Christmas ornaments. At some point one of the boys lost interest and lamented that it didn't
feel like Christmas. So out came a tree, on which hung the newly made ornaments, carols on the stereo, some lights, and, to quote "I'll Be Home for Christmas", by the time we made it back from our Uptown visit, there were presents on the tree.

Mom and Bill.
Auntie Claire and Andy figuring out his new game.

Jay (Claire's boyfriend) helping Sam assemble his car.

Join us next time, when we'll explore our quick trip over to Lake Jackson and Victoria!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess- these pics make me miss home - love to look at your blog and see you guys
Jen McE